Do yourself a favor: pick a TV size and set a budget if you haven’t already. Size and budget are the best places to start narrowing down the options when picking the Best TV for your room or purpose.
Best TV: Quick List
- Best TV (Editor’s Choice): LG OLED CX
- Best Cheap TV: Hisense H8G
- Best Budget TV: TCL 6-Series
- Best Value TV: Samsung Q80T
- Best Value TV (High-End): LG OLED CX
- Best Performance TV: LG OLED CX
- Best TV Money Can Buy:
This guide uses 65-inch TVs (the most popular size) for links and examples unless otherwise stated.
The Best TV: Overall
The Best TV overall is currently the LG OLED CX. When considering price, features, performance, and alternatives, the LG OLED CX is the best option and it’s what we recommend to TV buyers if it fits within their budget.
The most important features to look for when buying a new TV right now are 4K, HDR, 120Hz Refresh Rate, and HDMI 2.1: the LG CX checks all the important boxes. Read more in our comprehensive TV Buying Guide.
The LG CX is an OLED TV, with a stunningly realistic picture that greatly outperforms rival screen technologies LED-LCD and QLED.
- OLEDs have the darkest blacks and best HDR
- QLEDs have the brightest colors and better endurance
- LED/LCD have less impressive colors but more affordable
Although OLEDs have been the superior option for several years, they’re just now becoming affordable enough to make sense for most people.
The Bottom line
If you can afford to splurge a little, now would be a good time: a TV with HDMI 2.1 and 120Hz Refresh Rate will future proof your setup, making sure you’re enjoying the best experience possible for years to come.
Best TV for Every Budget
Within these groups, we target a low-end, midrange, and high-end
When it comes to performance TVs there are 3 tiers:
- Infinity TVs is our name for the Best TVs money can buy, when you’ve got an unlimited budget.
- High-End Performance TVs are the best TVs available, within reason. They’re equipped with latest and greatest tech but at a premium price.
We have selected the “Best TV” in 5 key categories ranging from cheap TVs, but our “Editor’s Choice” goes to the that work well to high-end performance TVs that will blow you away.
We also identify the Best TV for specific rooms and unique situations:
- Best for Bright Rooms: Vizio P-Series Quantum
- Best of the Biggest: Sony XBR 85-inch 4K
- Best Outdoor TV: SunBriteTV Veranda Series
Last updates on 2021-02-27 at 15:53